Reports To:Director, Information Services
Status:Full Time Regular
Hours:1.0 FTE, Days, 8 hours
North York General, affiliated with the University of Toronto, is one of Canada’s leading community teaching hospitals. We offer our culturally diverse community a wide range of acute care, ambulatory and long-term care services across three sites. The hospital embraces health by providing innovative and compassionate care for the whole family at every stage of life.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
The Project Manager will support the planning, development and implementation of key projects within the organization, including the promotion of health system integration and information systems. The incumbent will be a critical resource to lead projects, using project management best practices, and building strong relationships with internal and external partners. The Project Manager will be the primary point of contact for the critical projects that they will be leading and will report to the Director, Information Services. All roles are essential in providing a safe and healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and others by ensuring that health and safety policies are followed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business related discipline
• PMP designation an asset
• Minimum 3 years experience in project leadership and management
• At least 3 years experience in a complex healthcare environment an asset
• Systems thinker, with experience leading projects and initiatives aligned with strategic directions.
• Outstanding interpersonal, influencing and communication skills to build strong relationships, gain credibility and network effectively with all levels of the organization and with external clients anpartners.
• Demonstrated project management skills, with extensive knowledge of project management principles and tools.
• Extensive knowledge with business process design, impact analysis, change management and problem resolution.
• Detail oriented with strong analytical, organization and time management skills.
• Excellent written, verbal communication and documentation skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of health service integration.
• Strong computer skills, including demonstrated experience with MS Office Suite, including MS Project.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the effective planning and implementation of Information Services and strategic organizational projects.
• Lead, organize and facilitate project-related meetings, develop project reports and maintain project plans, presentations, statistics and other related documents, as required.
• Initiate and maintain communications with all project stakeholders.
• Proactively identify any project risks and recommend solutions and mitigation strategies.
• Ensure project deliverables are met on time, within budget and within scope.
• Responsible for helping evolve North York General Hospital’s Project Management methodology.
• Mentor and coach team members on project management principles.
• During critical times of any project implementation, may be required to work off-hours and/or non-business hours.