Position: Pharmacy Technician
Unit/Department: Pharmacy Services
Reports To: Manager, Pharmacy
Hours: 1.0 FTE, days/evening, 8 hour shifts, including weekends
Status: Full Time Temporary (approximately 1 year)
Salary: $48,106.31-$57,959.66 per annum
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Contributes to the operation of the Department through the day to day maintenance of essential support services (under the supervision of assigned Staff Pharmacists and overall supervision by the Manager of Operation). All roles are essential in providing a safe and healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and others by ensuring that health and safety policies and regulations are followed.
• Graduate of a recognized Pharmacy Technician’s Course, Community College level.
• Registered Pharmacy Technician designation from the Ontario College of Pharmacists or working towards the “Pharmacy Technician” designation with OCP to be completed by 2015.
• Experience in Hospital Pharmacy strongly preferred.
• Experience with IV admixtures.
• Bilingualism in French/English an asset.
• Computer skills.
• Good written and verbal communicative skills.
• Knowledge of Pharmaceutical math.
• Well organized.
• Accurate typing skills.
• Knowledge of small technical equipment such as unit-dose prepackaging machines, electronic scales, heat sealer and cash register.