Child and Teen Inpatient Unit
:Clinical Team Manager
On a as needed basis, all shifts, including weekends
Part Time Casual (3 positions)
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
To provide patient/family driven care to newborns up to patients of 19 years of age. The registered nurse in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team will deliver treatment with an emphasis on assessment, education, prevention, maintenance, and restoration of health in a supportive and culturally sensitive manner. All roles are essential in providing a safe and healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and others by ensuring that health and safety policies are followed.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
• Diploma in Nursing, Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, or equivalent preferred.
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification.
• Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) certification.
• College of Nurses of Ontario.
• Paediatric physical assessment course.
• University degree.
• 2 - 5 years of paediatric experience.
• Clinical competence in paediatric nursing skills.
• Ability to use critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Ability to organize patient care demands and to set priorities.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with all members of the health-care team including patients and families.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated and ongoing commitment to professional development.
• Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner.
• Bilingualism in French/English an asset.