Manager, Core Lab and Pathology
1.0 FTE, days and evenings, 8 hour shifts, including weekends
:Full Time Regular
North York General, affiliated with the University of Toronto, is one of Canada’s leading community teaching hospitals. We offer our culturally diverse community a wide range of acute care, ambulatory and long-term care services across three sites. The hospital embraces health by providing innovative and compassionate care for the whole family at every stage of life.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Performing the duties required as Pathologist Assistant in the Pathology Department and other related duties as assigned. All roles are essential in providing a safe and healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and others by ensuring that health and safety policies are followed.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
• Bachelor of Science in Biology or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years’ experience directly related to duties and responsibilities specified.
• American Association of Pathology Assistants (AAPA) registration an asset.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience directly related to duties and responsibilities specified.
• Experience using “voice recognition” system an asset
• Demonstrated skills and ability in examining, describing, dissecting and photography of small and complex large surgical specimens of all tissue types.
• Able to perform duties independently or as a team member, with high degree of motivation and independent judgment.
• Demonstrated computer proficiency and strong knowledge of medical terminology.
• Proven written and oral communication skills.
• Proven excellence working in a team environment with strong interpersonal skills and high degree of professionalism.
• Demonstrated strong problem-solving ability.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and maintain high level of productivity and competence
• Bilingualism in French/English an asset.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with or perform autopsies under pathologists’ supervision.
• Participates in quality control and quality improvement programs.
• Performs teaching duties as assigned.